If you have a garden space that doesn’t get much sun, don’t despair! There are still plenty of plants that can thrive in shade or partial shade. Here are a few ideas for what you can do with your garden space:
- Is outside space essential?
- What are the benefits of outdoor spaces?
- How do I make my patio usable in the winter?
- How can I make my patio look nice in the winter?
- ways I can make my outdoor area look nice?
- Plant shade-loving flowers: There are many flowers that can thrive in shade or partial shade, including impatiens, begonias, and fuchsias.
- Grow vegetables that tolerate shade: While most vegetables need plenty of sun to grow, there are a few that can tolerate shade or partial shade. These include lettuce, kale, and peas.
- Plant shade-loving herbs: Many herbs, such as mint, chives, and parsley, can thrive in shade or partial shade.
- Add some container plants: If you have a small patio or balcony that doesn’t get much sun, consider adding some container plants that can tolerate shade. This could include ferns, ivy, or philodendrons.
- Install a trellis or arbor: If you have a larger space, consider installing a trellis or arbor and planting climbing plants, such as ivy or climbing roses.
- Add some decorative elements: Even if you can’t grow many plants in your shade garden, you can still add some decorative elements to make it more attractive. This could include a water feature, a bench, or some outdoor artwork.
I hope these ideas give you some tips.